Friday, August 13, 2010

Andy Thomas, Abuse of Office




Andrew Thomas

An Astonishing Abuse of Process...

From Expresso Pundit.
If there is anyone out there who questions my assertion that Andrew Thomas is unfit to serve as Attorney General, take a look at the astonishing abuse of the Grand Jury process that was unsealed yesterday.



With such flagrant and well documented ethical violations, I don't see how Thomas could possibly still be a licensed attorney this time next year.



Meanwhile, people often ask me about Tom Horne. Sure, I understand the concern. Horne was pretty moderate during his legislative tenure. If you have been reading espresso pundit for more than a few minutes, you will know that I'm not very patient with moderate Republicans.



But Horne's not running for Congress, he's running for Attorney General, so I have a different set of criteria. I'm not concerned about his view on abortion or the Commerce Clause. I want to know if he is a good lawyer and if he will defend and enforce the laws of this state.



I've worked with Horne for the several years in his capacity as Superintendent and he's done a great job. He defended the state in the Flores case. And he's done a great job getting rid of the outrageous "Raza" programs at TUSD. Horne also supported charter schools and has been with us on educational choice issues.



He may be pro-choice, but he supported parental consent as well as the ban on partial birth abortion--and he has pledged to defend the laws that the legislature passes.



So I can say that from a Conservative perspective, I'm not simply voting against Thomas. I'm very comfortable voting for Tom Horne.



And if Horne doesn't win the Primary...? Ok, then I'll simply be voting against Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment